Senior Meeting Handout
- All Colorado residents - regardless of legal residency status or citizenship
- Hispanic origin or actively involved in Hispanic community
- Cumulative high school or college GPA of 3.0 or higher
- High school seniors, college undergraduate and graduate students
Control/Click on the link below to start your application. Scholarship deadline is November 20 but your application should be done by NOVEMBER 10 if you want Mrs. Wright to review it before you submit it.
Contact your recommenders BEFORE you submit their email addresses to LAEF—that way they will be expecting the LAEF email and recommendation forms.
YOU SHOULD PLAN TO COMPLETE YOUR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION A FEW DAYS EARLY SO YOU ARE NOT RUSHED AT THE LAST MINUTE (remember this could be worth $1000-$1500 toward your college fees).
Write your essay as a word document. After you have had someone edit your essay, cut and paste it into the application. See Mrs. Wright BEFORE NOVEMBER 10 if you have questions about this application or you need help.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a graduating high school senior planning to attend a four-year accredited academic institution
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and a legal resident of Colorado, Georgia, Illinois or North Carolina.
- Have a cumulative, un-weighted GPA of 3.5 or above
- Demonstrate financial need (annual household income no greater than $70,000)
- Possess excellent leadership skills, an ability to persevere through difficult circumstances, and a strong interest and commitment to their community
Here is the link to the application: