Aurora Central High School
In order to maintain a school environment that is safe and conductive to learning, all clothing must be appropriate so as not to disrupt the learning environment and not interfere with the health, safety and welfare of any person.
- Shorts, dresses, skirts or other similar clothing that is so short as to be immodest and/or create a distraction.
- Nothing that will cover the face (due to safety concerns) such as sunglasses or hoodies.
- Inappropriately sheer, tight or low-cut clothing (e.g., midriffs, halter tops, backless clothing, tube tops, garments made of fishnet, mesh or similar material, muscle tops, etc.) that bare or expose traditionally private parts of the body including, but not limited to, the stomach, buttocks, back and breasts.
- Clothing worn in such a way as undergarment can be seen.
- Any clothing (including outwear), grooming, jewelry, hair coloring, accessories, or body adornments that are or contain any advertisement, symbols, words, slogans, patches, or pictures, etc., that:
- Refer to drugs, tobacco, alcohol, or weapons.
- Are of a sexual nature.
- By virtue of color, trademark, or other attributes denote membership in gangs which advocate drug use, violence, or disruptive behavior.
- Are obscene, profane, vulgar, lewd, or legally libelous.
- Threaten the safety or welfare of any person.
- Promote any activity prohibited by the student code of conduct.
- Otherwise disrupt the teaching-learning process.